What to know about Coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
What kills Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they are one of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate disinfectant product and dwell time. Although the Coronavirus has been around for ~60 years, this is a new emerging strain of the Coronavirus, there is nothing currently available (to anyone) specifically labeled to kill it. While testing and research takes place, the EPA announced that it had triggered the emerging pathogen policy early 2020, allowing pre-approved companies to make off-label claims for disinfectants against harder to kill viruses.
What disinfectant does Covenant Building Maintenance use?
Even before the outbreak of the Coronavirus 2019, we have had a standardized chemical program. This program implemented one of two disinfectants to be used in most facilities on a regular basis: Spartan HDQc2® (EPA Reg. No. 1839-169-5741) (or) Spartan Halt® (EPA Reg. No. 10324-93-5741) Both of these hospital grade disinfectants have a 10-minute dwell time and are labeled by the EPA to kill a broad range of spectrum of microorganisms.
Ecolab Neutral Disinfectant Cleaner® is proven to kill:
- Human coronavirus
- Influenza · And many more in the complete list
If you are worried about this particular outbreak, CBM has some additional options to offer during this outbreak.
What can we do as a business?
- Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak
- Make a point to coach and emphasize to employees on the following precautionary standards:
- Wash your hands regularly – use handwash or a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you feel unwell
- Wash hands frequently
- Disinfect High Touchpoints regularly thorough day
How can CBM help during this outbreak?
CBM will continue to perform our normal cleaning tasks related our standard scope of work, unless requested otherwise. In addition to our standard scope of work, during this outbreak, we are taking additional steps to have our cleaning technicians cleaning and disinfect common touchpoints, such as counters, tables, handrails, etc. during each visit with the disinfectant already provided in your facility.
Upon request, we can offer the following supplemental add-on services:
- Provide upgraded disinfectants for use in your facility during the outbreak.
- Provide additional site visits (during day or non-scheduled nights) to disinfect touchpoints and common areas and surfaces using a Healthcare disinfectant with a 45 second disinfect time. recommended after or during conferences and after meetings or gatherings).
- Provide and install touchless hand sanitizers at entrances, lobbies, breakrooms, and common areas.
If you have an exposure, meaning if you have an employee or visitor to your facility who is presumptive positive for COVID-19, please let us know as soon as possible. We can setup an action plan to perform a disinfection service for the exposed area.
Please feel free to call us today to discuss the services that we provide your facility, if you would like to order sanitizers or additional for your facility.
We sincerely appreciate and thank you for entrusting and partnering with CBM to maintain your facility and meet your needs.